Sunday, January 18, 2009

I would walk 500 miles...

Through snow, extreme weather warning and the bitter cold!

I tried door-knocking around Milton to help with raising the $2500 required top participate in the Ride to Conquer Cancer. People were very generous - and the stop at Starbucks (our halfway point) was very much needed in order to warm our frozen feet. Again we were met with heart-felt stories of cancer survivors and the not so lucky - hearing the impact cancer has had on these people only makes me more determined to complete this journey.

So 7,983 steps later - and probably about 40 houses visited I am now $150 dollars closer to my fund-raising goal.

We be going out again on Sunday - hopefully we encounter more generous people.

Sarah

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sarah, I love the Speights hat, maybe you should get hold of some rugby ticket and sell those to raise money! Lots of Love and all the best with training! Libby