Sunday, January 25, 2009

and another 500 miles...

So another little door-knocking adventure, but this time I was more prepared:
New snow-proof boots - to keep my little toes warm throughout the day
Scarf, hat gloves - to battle another "its going to be freezing warning"
Money - to ensure my half-way stop at Starbucks is coffee-filled

Lubika joined me - which made for a conversation filled couple of hours - greatly appreciate the company.

We took 6,542 steps
Raised $110 in donations

I have realized I need $130 in donations a week to reach my goal on time and was already $30 ahead - so due to the cold weather we stopped once I reached the weekly amount.

So again, thank you Lubica, my neighbours and all of you who donated.

I will most probably be out again next weekend - hopefully for a little longer to cover a few weeks at once - it would be nice to stop worrying about meeting the fund raising goals and start concentrating on training!

The next gig is set for March 13 - so Shane has begun to practice.

Will keep you updated on my progress later on...

Sarah

No comments: